Wednesday, July 18, 2012

Celebration Cakes: Submarine Cake

This weekend, one of my dear friends asked me to make her son's 5th birthday cake, a submarine cake, for his birthday party. This particular friend of mine is an amazing chef - the best I know - and I knew the food she would make for the party would be out of this world, and indeed it was. (You are so talented, Natalie!)


I wanted a cake that would fit right in alongside all of that delicious food. So, I created a 3-layer chocolate cake filled with a luscious strawberries and cream filling made with fresh strawberries. When I make celebration cakes I can't usually get a pic of a slice of the cake. This time, I made sure to take a picture of the interior of the cake for you to see.


The whole cake was frosted in vanilla buttercream and decorated with fondant. The submarine was made out of rice crispy treats. This project was exciting to put together since working with rice crispy treats is something I am starting to do more and more. I really enjoy the moldability and versatility of this medium.


Thanks to Natalie, Scott, and Chase for allowing me the pleasure of making a cake for you on this very special day..! Happy 5th Birthday, Chase..!


No comments:

Post a Comment